We would like to share a webpage from the POEA website containing a list of tips of how to avoid illegal recruiters. Below is the link and the article.
How to Avoid Illegal Recruitment
1. Do not apply at recruitment agencies not licensed by POEA.
2. Do not deal with licensed agencies without job orders.
3. Do not deal with any person who is not an authorized representative of a licensed agency.
4. Do not transact business outside the registered address of the agency. If recruitment is conducted in the province, check if the agency has a provincial recruitment authority
5. Do not pay more than the allowed placement fee. It should be equivalent to one month salary, exclusive of documentation and processing costs.
6. Do not pay any placement fee unless you have a valid employment contract and an official receipt.
7. Do not be enticed by ads or brochures requiring you to reply to a Post Office (P.O.) Box, and to enclose payment for processing of papers.
8. Do not deal with training centers and travel agencies, which promise overseas employment.
9. Do not accept a tourist visa.
10. Do not deal with fixers.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Clearly the PARS-Universal tandem violated numbers 5 and 6 above. So to all defenders of Lourders Navarro, how in heaven's name, can you defend an illegal recruiter?